Adding Support for RTL SDR USB dongles to sdr-radio.com SDR Console V2.x and V3
If you wish to use the RTL based dongles as USB SDR radios with sdr-radio.com SDR Console V2.x or V3 you will need to add 3 Dlls’ to the program folder.
- If you haven’t already installed the special drivers for the RTL dongle go to my instructions HERE and do so.
- Now you need to download the RTL support package from HERE for V2.x. Here for V3.x The file you download is named RTL2832U_Support.zip or RTL2832U_Support V3.zip. (It is worth noting that the support files for V3 will also work in V2 and give support for direct sampling mode.)
- Go to the file and extract it’s contents.
- Open the folders until you see the screen below.
- Open the folder that matches your operating system, either x32 for 32 bit or x64 for 64 bit.
- Copy all 3 files in the folder and then launch SDR Console.
- In SDR Console click on the Tools tab and then on the Program Installation button on the ribbon.
- In V3 click on Tools tab then Files and then Installation.
- The installation folder of SDR Console will open. Close the SDR Console main program. You should now paste the 3 copied files into the folder. If Windows asks if you wish to replace files of the same name with the new ones yes to each file.
- Now plug your dongle into the USB port that was used when you previously installed the driver with Zadig.
- Launch SDR Console and click on the Select button and you will see the window below.
- Click on the Yes button and in the window that appears click on search then RTL SDR (USB) then on OK and you should then see the Search window.
- Now see the Search window.
- Click on the Yes button and you will see the dongle has been added.
- Click OK. On the next screen click on the dongle entry to highlight it then click on start.
You should now see and hear your dongle receiving signals with SDR Console.